Used in HerbalHer
Known in Ayurvedic medicine as a useful tonic for sexual dysfunction in both sexes, it is particularly renown for its benefit to the female reproductive system.
Valued by herbalists for its phytoestrogenic and adaptagenic properties, Asparagus Racemosa is excellent for balancing female hormones.
A creeper with tuberous roots
Other possible names
- Assists in the treatment of gastro-intestinal complaints like gastritis, stomach cramps, diarrhoea, constipation and Crohn's Disease
- Diuretic effect - relieves fluid retention
- Antispasmodic - muscle relaxant promoting
- General female reproductive tonic -assists uterine tone and post-partum recovery
- Provides relief from PMS, menstrual dysfunction and pelvic inflammatory disease such as endometriosis.
- Relives menopausal symptoms - hormone balancing and provides relief from hot flashes, fluid retention
- Antioxidant qualities - contains vitamin E a fat-soluble vitamin. Some clinical evidence suggests that a higher intake of vitamin E may decrease the risk of breast cancer (Chan JM, Stampfer MJ, Giovannucci EL. What causes prostate cancer? A brief summary of the epidemiology. Semin Cancer Biol 1998;8:263-73).
Safety and cautions
Not to be taken during pregnancy